The first version of Bloggy is now available to download via GitHub.
Bloggy has been in development for the past month and it is finally at a point where the first version is ready to be released. Version 0.1 provides most of the basic functionality required to run a blog. This first release is for developers only! There is no installer and you need to familiar with configuring the CodeIgniter framework to get Bloggy up and running.
- Create / Edit / Delete Blog Posts
- Create / Edit / Delete Categories
- Basic Theme Management
- Basic Settings
Should I use this for my website?
Almost certainly not. This is the first of many releases. This first version lacks some key functionality. You cannot change or recover your password if it is lost. There are no comments. You can only assign posts to one category. There are no widgets and no way to extend the blog without changing the core.
This said I hope some people give it a go as it isn't bad at all and future releases should be coming every 3 weeks or so adding new functionality and turning Bloggy into something far more useful.
Planned Version 0.2 changes
- Passwords will no longer be plain text
- Administrators can change their passwords
- Forgotten passwords can be recovered
- Blogs will have a customisable RSS feed
- If a post has been changed, you will now be prompted before leaving the page.
Planned Version 0.3 changes
- Visitors will be able to register accounts on your website
- Group Management.
- User Managament
- Permission Management
- Gravatar support
Planned Version 0.4 changes
- Native Comments with Akismet and Comment Management
- Enable / Disable comments per posts
- Disqus Comment Support
- Facebook Comment Support